- Multiparametric imaging for characterization of tumor microenvironment. Development of innovative MRI procedures and targeted nano-/micro-systems.
- Disponibile dal
- Molecular biotechnologies center (MBC)- via Nizza 52
- Altre informazioni
characterization of cancer microenvironment,
In particular, different biomarkers of cancer onset and progression will be investigated by MRI with or without the use of contrast agents (pH, vascular volume, hypoxia, enzyme’ activity,…)
The project is at the cross among chemistry (development of contrast agents), cell biology (cancer), radiology (MRI) and pharmacology so different technologies will be used
Among them, we can cite in vivo imaging (MRI at different field, optical imaging, photoacoustic, microscopy), chemical techniques (NMR, relaxometry, UV-vis spectroscopy, fluorimetry, HPLC,) and biological assays (cell cultures, viability assays, toxicity assays, ROS production, etc…).
A particular focus will be devoted to the development of an innovative way to generate MRI contrast based on Magnetization Transfer (MTC) and the use of targeted nano- and micro-systems (e.g. RGD Giant liposomes)
- Ferrauto G. et al. Generation of multiparametric MRI maps by using Gd-labelled- RBCs reveals phenotypes and stages of murine prostate cancer. Sci Rep. 2018 Jul 12;8(1):10567.
- Di Gregorio E, Ferrauto G, et al. An MRI Method To Map Tumor Hypoxia Using Red Blood Cells Loaded with a pO2-Responsive Gd-Agent. ACS Nano. 2015 Aug 25;9(8):8239-48.
- Ferrauto G et al. Gd-loaded-RBCs for the assessment of tumor vascular volume by contrast-enhanced-MRI. 2015 Jul;58:82-92. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2015.04.026. Epub 2015 May 11.
- Ferrauto G, et al. Detection of U-87 Tumor Cells by RGD-Functionalized/Gd-Containing Giant Unilamellar Vesicles in Magnetization Transfer Contrast Magnetic Resonance Images. Invest Radiol. 2020 Dec
- Giuseppe Ferrauto