Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) Barcelona – Internship to work on functional genomics approaches related to alternative splicing and gene expression regulation
The main research line revolves around the molecular understanding of how alternatively spliced exons are regulated. The project aims to use a combination of CRISPR and “landing-pad” systems to engineer mutant sequences in an endogenous exon locus of mouse embryonic stem cells and profile how the splicing pattern changes accordingly.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a student with a scientific background (biology, biomedicine, biotechnology…) and with a special interest in molecular biology and cancer.
Ideally but not necessarily, the student should have experience in the following techniques: cell culture, cloning (desirable but not required), molecular biology (especially Western blot. Immunoprecipitation is desirable)
The ideal candidate should have:
- basic knowledge in pluripotent stem cells and epigenetics.
- knowledge in planning and performing cell culture related work and molecular cloning.
- ability to gain work independence, after thorough training and testing.
- ability to generate reliable data to be included in a publication.
- collaborative spirit and friendly attitude, eager to learn in a fast paced environment
Following skills are a plus but not a requirement:
- previous work experience in genome engineering with Cas9-based systems
- 600€/month – up to 5 months
- Return ticket (800€/non European flight – 300€/European flight)
- The fellowship can only be given to new recruits, not students already at the CRG
- The fellowship needs to be given within the academic year 2022/2023
The ideal time to start the internship is flexible but preferably around Jan/Feb 2023.
Applications should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include CV, motivational letter, one contact for a reference letter (if needed) and university transcript. More info here: https://www.crg.eu/en/content/training/undergraduates-and-masters
Deadline is 23rd December 2022